What is the small hole in the window?

From:         drranu@holly.ACNS.ColoState.EDU (Emarit Ranu)
Organization: Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO  80523
Date:         26 Jul 96 10:59:12 
Followups:    1 2 3
Next article
View raw article
  or MIME structure

	Every commercial plane I have been in, the windows have a small,
	what looks like a hole (or metal insert), at the bottom of it.
	It is the window pane between the inner plexiglass one and the
	outer pane.  What is this thing, and why is it there?

	Thanks a lot.

	-Emarit Ranu, KG0CQ 73's  drranu@holly.ColoState.EDU
	Electrical Engineering     Colorado State University
	All generalizations are bad.     Censorship:  ######
	_._  __.  _____  _._.  __._