Re: getting hit by lightning

From:         ejrupke@vgernet.net
Date:         20 Jul 96 15:59:10

Hi Alan

The Beech Starship is fabricated of carbon fiber which is conductive and
from an e-field standpoint does act like a faraday cage.  There is also
quite a bit of metal foil inside which is primarily for lightning
protection and to help provide an equipotential plane inside for
electronics.

I don't remember for sure, but I think the VLF? or Omega, antenna had to
be changed from a magnetic field sense to e-field sense or vice-versa...
 this is a little out of my area but this seem to stick in my mind as a
small technical problem during certification.   Help me out here if this
makes any sense.....

ED Rupke