Re: Airbus A320 Flight Controls

From:         "P. Wezeman" <pwezeman@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
Date:         06 Feb 96 14:15:39

   I would like to thank Mr. Dorsett, Mr. Gillies, and Mr. Reeves for their
replies to my posting about the operation of the A-320 side stick.
   Mr. Reeves wrote, "The side stick can be viewed as commanding A.O.A."
Lift being proportional to the square of airspeed at a given angle of
attack, would I be correct to infer that if a given position of the side
stick gives an acceleration of one G at a certain airspeed, then the same
position of the side stick at twice that airspeed would give an acceleration
of four Gs? ( I realize that the system would not actually allow the loading
to go this high.)
   In roll, does a given deflection of the side stick command a given
roll rate regardless of airspeed, or does it command a given control
surface movement, i.e. a higher roll rate at a higher speed?
                      Thank you again,
                      Peter Wezeman