Re: Factors affecting A320 US record.

From:         cra@servtech.com (Curtis R. Anderson)
Date:         06 Feb 96 14:15:38

In article <airliners.1996.110@ohare.Chicago.COM>, kls@ohare.Chicago.COM
(Karl Swartz) wrote:

>Perhaps the most astonishing bit of non-Airbus production on an Airbus
>plane is the original engine nacelle and pylon on the A300.  Airbus
>did not really want to spend the substantial sums needed to design
>these components, and approached McDonnell Douglas to see if MD would
>sell them those parts from the DC-10.  To the utter astonishment of
>just about everyone, MD said yes.  (Actually, they may have been
>produced by someone other than MD using MD's design, I'm not entirely
>sure.)

Might that have been Rohr Industries, which has since set up a plant in
Toulouse to make the nacelle assemblies?

Rohr seems to make the bulk of the nacelles for jet engines these days,
and it wouldn't surprise me if the Tu-204M uses them as well. :-)
--
Curtis R. Anderson, "Official Chicken Breeder of Hill 10", SP 2.5?, KoX
URLs: http://www.servtech.com/public/cra/ mailto:cra@servtech.com