Re: O'Hare -> Hong Kong Non-Stop

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         18 Jul 96 01:59:29

>The first eastbound went well south of Tokyo and made North American
>landfall over the Olympic Peninsula (near Seattle). Fuel will probably not
>be an issue eastbound due to winds.

That makes sense -- I forgot to consider that favorable prevailing
winds would suggest a more southerly route.

>Apparently, one fuel saving technique being used is the plane is towed to
>the runway and engines started in the runup area.

How much does that add to the block time?  I'd think that taxi time
would be significantly longer with a tug than on engine power.  (I
assume the APU must be running the whole time.)

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com