Re: Factors affecting A320 US record.

From:         shafer@ferhino.dfrc.nasa.gov (Mary Shafer)
Date:         06 Feb 96 14:15:38

On 25 Jan 96 00:55:02 , kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) said:

>And contrary to popular beleif, Airbus does not build all of its
>components.

KS> I find it very difficult to believe that this is a "popular
KS> belief" given the commonly cited U.S.-content in Airbus products
KS> (even if you ignore the engines), and in general the necessity in
KS> the business of subcontracting work to companies in countries
KS> whose airlines are going to be buying your planes.

And when the airplane carrying wings from the UK to France is on the
evening news, either in connection with some sort of delay to the
Space Shuttle program because the plane is so busy or because the
Shuttle stopped using the plane or because Airbus has acquired a new
airplane.

--
Mary Shafer               NASA Dryden Flight Research Center, Edwards, CA
SR-71 Flying Qualities Lead Engineer     Of course I don't speak for NASA