Re: Detection of clear air turbulence

From:         gerace@perth.DIALix.oz.au (Neil Gerace)
Date:         16 Jul 96 13:51:47

Craig Welch (craig@pacific.net.sg) wrote:
: In rec.travel.air, in a thread called "Turbulence injuries Qantas to
: Tokyo", the subject of litigation came up. I opined that there was no
: liability of the carrier, that it simply wasn't their fault.

Notwithstanding whose responsibility it is to detect CAT, it should be
the passengers' responsibility to strap themselves in, whether or not the
sign is on. This would have prevented the more severe injuries, I think.
Anyone who doesn't use the belt provided deserves all they get.

----
Neil S. Gerace / gerace@perth.DIALix.oz.au / Belhus, Western Australia
Part-owner of Qantas, the world's safest airline.