B757 Engine Compressor Stalls over US

From:         arch6@inlink.com (Archibald McKinlay)
Date:         16 Jul 96 13:51:45

Does anyone have details on engine compressor stall forcing landing from
Miaml to Denver on United 757 around 14 July?  My understanding was that
stalls continued for some time and landing was required due to
controllability fatigue in cockpit.

Will this disrupt the ETOPS rating of the bird as the engine tests were
accelerated and extrapolated?

Or was consideration given to possible failures with offsetting data?

--
 Archibald McKinlay, VI   McKinlay & Associates    St Louis, MO, USA
Software Safety Engineering and Management           arch6@inlink.com