Re: Delta Flt 1288

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         14 Jul 96 22:43:26

>I'll stick my neck out and ask a dumb question, didn't FedEx reengine
>some of their B727s which resulted in this situation? ... maybe someone
>could confirm it for me?

Indeed they did.  A fleet list that's just a bit over a year old shows
ten modified 727-2S2F Advanceds in the FedEx fleet which have JT8D-217C
engines in the #1 and #3 positions with the original JT8D-17A in the
middle.  Five more were listed as being due for conversion; this may
have happened by now.  The converted aircraft (and planned conversions)
are registered N201FE thru N217FE, sans N202FE and N214FE which do not
appear to be registered to FedEx.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com