Re: The ATR72

From:         jhacker@ix.netcom.com (Jeffrey Hacker )
Date:         10 Jul 96 12:47:14

In <airliners.1996.1193@ohare.Chicago.COM> S.Catt@lancaster.ac.uk
(Stephen Catt) writes:

>Last Friday we flew from Poznan to Warsaw on an ATR72 (twin
>engine turboprop) belonging to LOT, the Polish national airline. My
>question is - who makes this plane? It's not one I've come across
before.
>TIA
>Steve

The ATR-72 is manufactured by Aeritalia (Italy) and Aerospatiale
(France) in a joint venture.  The aircraft is built in France and is
widely used throughoutthe world, largely in commuter service.  The
ATR-72 and its smaller cousin, the ATR-42, are flown in the U.S. and
Mexico by commuter affiliates of Aeromexico, American, Continental,
Delta, TWA, and Mexicana, as well as Mahalo Air in Hawaii.  It is a
nice aircraft, IMO.

Jeff