Re: The ATR72

From:         Richard Rockers <rockers@anet-dfw.com>
Date:         10 Jul 96 12:47:14

Stephen Catt wrote:

> Last Friday we flew from Poznan to Warsaw on an ATR72 (twin
> engine turboprop) belonging to LOT, the Polish national airline. My
> question is - who makes this plane? It's not one I've come across before.

Steve -

The ATR 42/72 is made by the Avions de Transport Regional. ATR is a
joint development by France's Aerospatiale and Italy's Aeritalia. The 42
version first flew in Dec of 1985. The 72 version (stretched version
with larger engines) first flew a couple of years ago.

I hope you enjoyed the flight. The company that I work for maintains the
PW120 and PW127 engines that are installed on that aircraft.

Best regards.....