Re: Delta Flt 1288

From:         egotrip@lesol1.dseg.ti.com (Mike Neus)
Date:         10 Jul 96 12:47:12

In article <airliners.1996.1136@ohare.Chicago.COM>, kls@ohare.Chicago.COM
says...
>The press reported that the JT8D is used on a variety of other types
>of planes, but my somewhat cynical view of the press was unfulfilled
>until early this morning, when CNN noted that the JT8D is the engine
>type used on ValuJet's fleet.  (Never mind that, except for a couple
>of MD-80s which ValuJet never operated, they are *very* different
>versions of the JT8D.)

I believe the P&W JT8D, of varying configurations, is used almost exclusively
on all DC-9 aircraft (including the MD-XX series), and the side engines of
727's.  In other words, the media's statement about the JT8D's role on a
variety of aircraft is fact, and the "discovery" about Valuejet's DC-9
engines is nothing that should surprise or worry anyone.