Re: Old NW DC-9's

From:         "Ed S." <mail12083@pop.net>
Date:         09 Jul 96 13:09:46

Jeff Givens wrote:

> I was on a flight recently and someone was joking about the age of the
> aircraft (a -10 to boot) and asked the F/A if she could find out for them.
> The F/A was standing right at the cockpit and could easily see the plate
> but responded that she has no way of knowing.

Well, it's a good PR move.....
This drum is beat constanly, but:  AGE doesn't matter,
if it is a REAL airline (like NW)....the oldest planes
in the country, if run by a major, are CREAMPUFFS...they
are completely rebuilt every few years.  Look at any
AMR 727....they all look like they just rolled out of the
factory...

> "I will not buy this record, it is scratched."

"My hovercraft is full of eels...."

Ed S.