Re: Old NW DC-9's

From:         "Doug Snow (HUF)" <dougie@mama.indstate.edu>
Date:         09 Jul 96 13:09:46

On 7 Jul 1996, Jeff Givens wrote:

> Anybody notice about one year ago NE removed all the data plates on their
> DC-9's from the main doorway? Now they are in the flight deck, above the
> jump seat.
>
> I was on a flight recently and someone was joking about the age of the
> aircraft (a -10 to boot) and asked the F/A if she could find out for them.
> The F/A was standing right at the cockpit and could easily see the plate
> but responded that she has no way of knowing.

It is very likely that the F/A simply didnt know how to find out. Most
F/As are not techno-wizards by any sense of the imagination, and, having
worked at NW in MSP before and knowing a few F/As personally, I know for a
fact that there is no section on how to read a manufacturer's data plate
in their In Flight Service Manual.

However, I have a Northwest Airlines Fleet Info page, at
http://mama.indstate.edu/users/dougie/nwafleet/fleet.html that lists all
the DC9s and their initial service dates.

-----
Douglas Snow  (HUF)                          dougie@mama.indstate.edu
http://mama.indstate.edu/users/dougie
American International Airways (AIA/HUF)                 SITA=HUFOOCB