Spelling of "vortex"

From:         geno@hoft160.ho.att.com (-E.RICE)
Organization: Lucent
Date:         07 Jul 96 14:09:03 
Followups:    1
Next article
View raw article
  or MIME structure

Moderator, PLEASE post a little note informing writers of
the spelling of the v-word:

	singular: vortex
	plural:   vortexes or vortices

(ref: American Heritage Dictionary).

I don't know British usage, but I suspect the Latin plural may
be preferred.

Geno Rice