Re: What happened to STOL ?(was What happened to the BA146)

From:         piwh@pcmail.nerc-bas.ac.uk (Paul Whiteman)
Date:         27 Jun 96 12:56:58

In article <airliners.1996.1047@ohare.Chicago.COM> jliebson@roadrunner.com (John Liebson) writes:
>Subject: Re: What happened to STOL ?(was What happened to the BA146)

>BMADDISO@bcsc02.gov.bc.ca wrote:
>>I'm guessing, but wasn't Dash-7 production treminated in favor of
>>the Dash-8. I don't think they were both in production at the same time.
while the first Dash-8 was delivered to Norontair 23 Oct 84.

Why is it that I miss all the bits that interest me!!
Last DHC-7 production was either late 1988 or early 1989. Ours is #111 which
is Nov 1988. Production of the two overlapped for some years and the 7 was
dropped by Boeing for commercial reasons, as was -6 Twin Otter (it -7 filled a
niche market which didnt expand quickly enough for Mr Boeing) not
terminated in favour of -8.

Rgds, Paul (Whiteman) whose views are his and his alone (except where borrowed
from someone else!)