Re: Factors affecting A320 US record.

From:         mezei_jf@eisner.decus.org (Jean-Francois Mezei)
Date:         25 Jan 96 00:55:01

>>I doubt it. As far as I know the control software for the A320/30/40 was
>>written in the US by US companies,

I know that Fokker jets use FMS software written by an american firm and the
Fokker engineer I had spoken to told me that it was very common for all
manufacturers to use that company. He said that contracting with such a company
was about the same as contracting for flight simulators since you have to give
them all of your plane's specs etc etc.

Whether Airbus used that firm or not I am not sure. But it is not
inconceivable that a non-Airbus firm actually wrote the software according
to Airbus specs. And contrary to popular beleif, Airbus does not build all of
its components. I know that Bombardier/Canadair builds some rather large Airbus
components at its Mirabel plant (but can't remember off hand exactly which).
(or at least, it did at one time).