Re: Factors affecting A320 US record.

From:         rdd@netcom.com (Robert Dorsett)
Date:         25 Jan 96 00:55:01

In article <airliners.1996.48@ohare.Chicago.COM> rna@gsb-pound.stanford.edu writes:
>In article <1996Jan19.113759@France.Sun.COM>,
>Steve McKinty - SunSoft ICNC Grenoble <smckinty@sunicnc.France.Sun.COM> wrote:
>>I doubt it. As far as I know the control software for the A320/30/40 was
>>written in the US by US companies,
>
>Really?  I once wrote an article for The Economist about computer risks,
>at which time I received reams of information from some French outfit that
>claimed to be writing the A320 flight control software.  Does anyone
>know for sure?

The various components of the EFCS were developed by Sextant Avionique,
Aerospatiale, and Thomson-CSF.  Aerospatiale wrote the specs and did the
QA work.

I ran across a reference some time ago which indicated that the division of
Thomson-CSF that did the work was located in Canada.  I've not been able
to verify this.

Most people confuse the EFCS with the flight management system.  The flight
management system was developed by Honeywell, the market leader.

                                       ftp://wilbur.pr.erau.edu/pub/av