A brief commentary

From:         Jon Ward <Jon_Ward@blibble.demon.co.uk>
Date:         24 Jun 96 12:24:54
Followups:    1 2 3 4 5 6

This is not a political comment, but just something I which I found mildly
amusing.

Has anybody else noticed that with the rash of Boeing and MD crashes, the
amount of Airbus bashing has dropped considerably? I will not get drawn
into an argument about which airframer is superior (I have worked on
projects for all three and more), but I feel it emphasises how partisan
people can get about these things.

Also, the number of recent crashes raises some serious questions in itself.
It's starting to look slightly statistically significant. Are air saftey
standards dropping? Is it just bad luck? Have airports suddenly started
employing black cats to cross in front of aeroplanes to give their rescue
people a job? I'm interested in hearing other peoples' views.

Jon Ward
--------
Work : JRW@liyorkrd.li.co.uk        | #include "disk$standard:disclaimer.h"
Rest : Jon_Ward@blibble.demon.co.uk | "You look up to God, and find Venus Di