Re: Report out on B757 crash off Dominican Rep. ?

From:         gdmckinn@ccnet.com (Gary McKinnis)
Date:         24 Jun 96 12:24:52

sasa3d@unx.sas.com (Ali Dogrusoz) writes:

>Instead, the report actually blames Boeing for failing to provide
>proper warning systems in the pilot's cabin and flight deck. The
>recent plane crash happened because the pilots were misinformed
>about flight conditions the report claims."

AvLeak (I don't remember which issue) had an article on the cockpit voice
recorder contents.  It appears that the Captain's airspeed indicator was
inop, discovered during the takeoff roll.  I don't remember the rest of
the details, but the crew appeared to get conflicting information from the
instruments which led them to lose complete control of the aircraft.

Gary