Re: B-777 cockpit

From:         sbelle@primenet.com (Steve Belle)
Date:         24 Jun 96 12:24:50

I'm following up on my own post -- sorry.

When I read C. Marin Faure's words about the lower center display (the
multifunction display - MFD) being used for maintenance, my brain
automatically thought EICAS. EICAS messages are something that the
Central Maintenance Computer (CMC) will try to correlate a faulty LRU to.
After I hit the "post" button, I remembered that there are other
maintenance pages available on the MFD (via a CDU button). These pages can
show data for various airplane systems that may help in fault isolation.

My original point was and still is that the MAT (and PMATS) is (are) used to
connect to the CMCF (or ACMF). The MFD maintenance pages do not connect
the user to the CMCF (or ACMF).