Ryan M-2

From:         frank247d@aol.com (Frank247D)
Date:         24 Jun 96 12:24:50

Does anyone out there have information about a Ryan M-2 believed to be the
3rd model built?  Russell Koetke, retired USAF CMS whom I met at Seattle's
Museum of Flight the other day told me of this airplane.  He had run
across it in an old barn near Sidney, Montana in the sring of 1959.
Reportedly it had been stored there since 1941-42 with the wings sawn off
at the fuselage.  Care had been taken in storage, wings had been hung up,
leading edge down, and it appeared to be restoreable.  Minot A. F.
officials met with a local pharmacist who was a part ownerand got
agreement to attempt restoration.  After restoration was completed the
aircraft was moved outside the VA hospital at Minot in a glass enclosure.
Reportedly it has been taken out of this display and started and taxxied
at some local fair times.  Is this aircraft still at Minot and still
operable?  Does anyone have any photos?

Frank Leathley, Docent, Museum of Flight
Frank247D@aol.com