Re: delta LA-Hong Kong flight

From:         dangrad@ix.netcom.com (Daniel J. Gradwohl)
Date:         24 Jun 96 12:24:49

Hey all:

                  ***********

>	is the sole reason DL stopped flying to HKG.

Pilots are the LEAST reliable source of information about why a route
was dropped....we don't have full information about yield which is the
main factor that one must conisder when discussing whether or not a
flight is making money (load factor is meaningless is the yield is low,
e.g. HNL-West Coast).  Additionally, pilots have NO idea of the cargo
yield.....only how many pax are onboard and how many #s of cargo below.

Dan Gradwohl
Ryan International Airlines
B727 F/E  IND/LAX