Re: Continental 747s? Why?

From:         rat1@crux3.cit.cornell.edu (Ryan A. Tam)
Date:         24 Jun 96 12:24:48

tiffany.tyler@man.ac.uk (Tiffany Tyler) writes:

>I see from Continental's January fleet summary that they are still
>flying 2 747s...

CO is still using the 747s between Tokyo and Honolulu, and this has
got to be one of their most profitable routes.  Even with the high
cost of operating such a small fleet, I believe that they can fill
every seat on the 747 (and then some), and thus turn a nice profit.

CO must also be maintaining the 747 in Japan, because they have no
such facilities here in Honolulu.  The aircraft are part of the airline's
Continental Micronesia operation, I believe...

Cheers (Aloha!).

Ryan Tam (rat1@cornell.edu)