Cubana DC-10

From:         showie@uoguelph.ca (Steve Howie)
Date:         24 Jun 96 00:42:06
Followups:    1 2 3 4

According to the Cuban government Web page, under Cubana, they indicate
they operate a DC-10 for international flights. Given the less than rosy
relations between the two governments, I wonder if anyone has information
on how Cubana gets their spares for this plane, given that the trade
embargo would probably preclude this sort of dealing? I know the Cubans
were very resourceful in keeping '57 Chevies running by fabricating
spares, but I sincerely hope this philosophy wouldn't extend to a jetliner
:)

Just curious,

Steve Howie                             Email:  showie@uoguelph.ca
NetNews and Listserv Admin.             Phone:  (519) 824-4120 x2556
Computing and Communications Svcs.      Fax:    (519) 763-6143
University of Guelph