Re: B757 "Heavy Jet"?

From:         "Dfwmech" <Dfwmech@cris.com>
Date:         24 Jun 96 00:42:02

This is second hand information, so anyone else feel free to correct
me.  I have heard it is because of the large amount of wing vortex
turbalance the 757 creates during takeoff and landing.  It was also my
understanding that the 757 did not meet the weight requirements for
Heavy Jet.  Again this is second hand,  but when the 757 was followed
by a smaller plane, sometimes the vortex turbalance was severe enough
that some pilots have lost control of their plane.  My pilot friend
did not say if they crashed or not.  But due to the many complaints
the FAA recieved on the turbalance of the 757, they upgrade the class
to heavy jet.
--
Dfwmech@concentric.net
A&P at DFW