Re: A little humour

From:         jac@panix.com (John Clear)
Date:         24 Jun 96 00:42:02

Alan Browne <ABrowne@mtl.marconi.ca> wrote:
>Front runner this year:
>
>     Mystery owner of a jet-propelled Chevy Impala. The Arizona Highway
>     Patrol came upon a pile of smoldering metal embedded in the side of a
>     cliff rising above the road at the crest of a curve. Wreckage
>     resembled that at an airplane crash, but it was a car--make and model
>     unidentifiable at the scene.

Cute story, but the folks over in alt.folklure.urban will tell you it is
just an urban legend.  I know it has been on the "Stupid Hall of Fame" web
page for at least a year, probably more (http://www.panix.com/~clay/stupid/
it also has the guy in the lawn chair with weather ballons....)

John
--
John Clear - jac@panix.com  PP-ASEL  1Lt, CAP-NYW  http://www.panix.com/~jac
"They're all lawyers, and think that the laws of physics can be amended with