Re: VR-BAT

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         22 Jun 96 18:30:40

>> VR-BAT a Boeing 747SP-21 started life with United Airlines as N148UA.

>I doubt it started life with UA. I think UA's SPs were bought from PA.

Correct.  N148UA started life with Pan Am and was amongst ten such
planes that went to UA in 1986.  At the same time, UA also acquired
an original Braniff 747SP from Pan Am.

>Also, the -21 suffix would not point to UA. UA's suffix are, I believe -22.

Right, UA is 22.  21 is Pan Am.  27 was Braniff's Boeing customer
code so the one which started life at Braniff before moving on to
Pan Am and then UA was a 747SP-27.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com