Re: Lockheed Constellation

From:         dey@rintintin.Colorado.EDU (Michael E. Dey)
Date:         01 Feb 95 02:16:21

Katie Schwarz <katie@physics2.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>I read a story set in the present where someone takes a Lockheed
>Constellation from London to New York. This is a huge anachronism,
>right? How long has it been since any Constellations were in service?

What do you mean by 'in service'?  Certainly no U.S./European airlines use
Constellations, but there are at least a couple still flying, and perhaps
the people in the story chartered a Connie for that glamorous feel of
yesteryear (although it would take quite a bit longer to go from London
to New York in one than in a 747)!

You can even fly a Constellation yourself through a course which I
believe is offered in Arizona, but I forget the name of the company or
people who run it.

--
  Michael Dey
    School of Engineering and Applied Scince    National Center for