Re: Cabin Noise on UA 777

From:         richard@RMIT.EDU.AU (Richard A. Muirden)
Date:         07 Jul 95 03:24:59

"Jan P. Andrews" <jandrews@npr.org> writes:
>A audio engineer colleague just returned from a trip to our Chicago
>bureau.  He flew a UA 777 from O'Hare to, I believe, Dulles.

>My colleague commented that the 777's cabin was interesting, the seats
>comfortable and the mini video screen entertaining.  He was made very
>uncomfortable, however, by what he said was a loud approx. 7.5-KHz
>acoustic "whine" that he believed originated in the ventilation system.

Interesting. I heard nothing like this on the (first) flight I
was on. Perhaps it has developed in a few short weeks of use :-\

I thought the plane was among the most quiet I had been on - which
is saying something considering the size of those engines!

-richard

--
Richard A. Muirden, Sys. Admin |Fan of Shostakovich, "Star Trek" and BOEING!
Mailto: richard@rmit.EDU.AU    |The Boeing 777 - The Magnificient Sevens!!!