Re: passenger stairs in aircraft tail

From:         pbyrd@ritz.mordor.com (Phillip Byrd)
Date:         30 Jun 95 03:47:07

As recently as last year I was on an old Continental 737 which still
carried the fold-up stairs inside the aircraft at the rear door.  The
stairs were in the way of the flight service crew, dirty, and were
probably pretty heavy too.  I suspect the aircraft originally flew for
the original Frontier Airlines, and has by now been retired (along with a
lot of Continetal's other older aircraft).  When I saw all that hardware
piled up in the floor of the plane, I couldn't help but remember that
commercial aviation was a much different enterprise when that plane first
took to the skies and was making calls at remote fields in the Rockies.
Times sure have changed.