Re: 777 Question

From:         prl3546@aw101.iasl.ca.boeing.com (Philip R. Lindberg)
Date:         01 Feb 95 02:16:19

usai1035@servus12.rus.uni-stuttgart.de (Ralf Sipple) writes:
>In article <airliners.1995.62@ohare.Chicago.COM>, scottk1204@aol.com (ScottK1204) writes:
>. Also we were
>> wondering about the stall speed of the airplane (dirty and clean).  When
>> the airplane left he was airborne in about 4000 feet of runway. [...]

>Consider that the aiplanes was supposed to be very light when performing
>these test flights. The equipment necessary for flight testing will be
>much less than the number of passengers the plane is designed for.

This is not necessarily the case.  Much of flight test is done at both
ends of the envelope.  Large barrels of water are used to simulate a
full airplane.  It's just as possible (though unlikely in this case)
that the airplane was at max. weight.

Phil

| Phil Lindberg	      "America is great because she is morally good, and |
|                      if America ceases to be good America will cease to|
|                      be great."                  Alexis de Tocqueville |
|  Disclaimer: I don't speak for my employer         (French Historian)  |