Re: FLY-BY-WIRE (AIRBUS vs. BOEING)

From:         bernhard@eurecom.fr (Christoph Bernhardt)
Date:         22 Jun 95 03:07:38

    JF> In a FBW system, the computer can make lickety split decisions
    JF> if something arises. If the information given to the computer
    JF> is wrong, then problems occur (eg: crash of 320 in France
    JF> where computer aborted a take-off even though the plan was
    JF> already in air because its altimeter "value" was still at 0).

I don't have any informations concerning this specific crash. Could
you elaborate a little. Seems like we have another problem here, that
is shared by every information system: If the input to a system is
wrong (i.e. an airplane is still on the ground when it is not in
fact), anything can happen (e.g. aborting a start); "Garbage in
Garbage out!"

Christoph