Re: FLY-BY-WIRE (AIRBUS vs. BOEING)

From:         Mark.Brown@dcs.qmw.ac.uk (Mark Brown)
Date:         22 Jun 95 03:07:36

Robert Dorsett writes:

 > Oh, and Boeing is also proudly proclaiming this airplane has more computers
 > than any other airplane.  Something on the order of 150.  For those who
 > think this is a good thing, I guess Boeing is winning the chip war. :-)

How many computers does the AIMS count as, I wonder? I thought one of
the points of AIMS was to centralise a lot of the computer functions
and so reduce the number of little black boxes? If the count of
computers is 150, counting the AIMS as 1 (or 3 if you prefer) then
unless there's _lots_ of extra functionality, I'd say "something
strange is afoot" .... ^_^

Mark.

          Heaven and earth are limitless. Po yeh poh loh me!
Mark A. Brown; Dept. of Computer Science; QMW College (University of London);
Mile End Road; London E1 4NS; UK.  Tel: +44 (71) 975 5220.