Re: ATC during Engine Failure?

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         22 Jun 95 03:07:33

>If the pilot is able to fly a reasonably normal circuit/approach, ATC
>would probably just "make a hole" in the arrival pattern for him ...

I was on a flight out of SFO that lost an engine during takeoff (a
747-400, so it wasn't quite the same as a twin with only one engine
left) and this is exactly what we did -- executed a normal climb up
to a couple thousand feet and started a normal turn to the right, as
if we were going to continue our flight to Chicago.  We continued the
turn, however, went down the bay, then around Fremont we turned right
into the normal approach pattern for 28R.

--
Karl Swartz	|INet	kls@ohare.chicago.com
1-415/854-3409	|UUCP	uunet!decwrl!ditka!kls