US News Article/Beoing 777

From:         dave83@ix.netcom.com (David kelly)
Date:         22 Jun 95 03:07:30

I just finished reading the cover story in this weeks US News/World
report entitltled "Fling Blind". A lot of questions were raised about
the testing and certification process of the 777, especially in flight
deployment of the thrust reversers. Not being an expert by any stretch
in this field, I came away with the impression that the FAA is very
concerned about protecting Boeing's standing regarding market share.
How much would Boeing stand to lose if this plane was delayed?
The article kept referring to 'old' tests that Boeing submitted as a
basis for certification. There seem to be many safety questions
regarding the 777 that likely only time will answer. Any other
opinions?        Dave