ISO 2631: Vibration.

From:         nuke@wam.umd.edu (Bark)
Date:         22 Jun 95 03:07:30

I need help in applying ISO Standard 2631.

This Standard defines performance decriment limits for exposure
to whole-body vibration with respect to frequency and duration.

I am attempting to apply the Standard to Part 3 (Vehicles).

The relationship expressed between exposure to whole-body vibration
and fatigue is understood... what is not understood is the "approved"
means to characterize a vehicle that will have a reasonable variance
in terrain covered (which will affect vibration input), in vehicle
weight (which will affect response to that vibration, particularly
frequencies involved), etc...

If you have any experience in applying this Standard, or
IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCE APPLYING THIS STANDARD, your
advice or referral would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
--R.