Re: New Aircraft: what's cooking?

From:         "BMADDISO@bcsc02.gov.bc.ca"@SATURN.GOV.BC.CA
Date:         15 Jun 95 19:27:55

Newsgroups: sci.aeronautics.airliners
Subject: Re: New Aircraft: what's cooking?
From: BMADDISO@bcsc02.gov.bc.ca
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 95 09:49:26 PDT

ericrood@freenet.columbus.oh.us (Eric Rood) writes:

>Given that the 747 (depending upon which country operates
>it) can seat between 350 to 550 (Please correct me) and take more than an
> what kind of time will be required for these next generation

The time taken to load and unload the pax. can be reduced by better
ground facilities. All airliners have at least two useable doors, but
virtually all gates have just a single jetway.
On the rare occasions I have arrived at a -dual- gate, the improvement
has been dramatic. Once you have convinced half the folks they have to
turn round to get off, that is.

 Brian Maddison (bmaddiso@bcsc02.gov.bc.ca)