Re: Help on Concorde questions

From:         tmjackso@ix.netcom.com (Timothy Jackson)
Date:         29 Jan 95 19:14:48

In <airliners.1995.64@ohare.Chicago.COM> ngupta@nano.mit.edu (Nitin
Gupta) writes:

>BA claims to make money on Concorde. don't know about AF. seeing as how
AF
>only has 2 scheduled flights/day and BA has 4, i would say BA is doing
>better job keeping the fleet in the air. either that or AF is more
>interested in charter operations. don't know how many SSC BA and AF
>currently operate.

I know that BA operates 7 Concorde aircraft; I had the opportunity to
fly it twice before they pulled it from Dulles (our company worked out a
Business Class upgrade deal).  The only route they fly to the U.S. now
is JFK-LHR daily, plus some selected flights to Bermuda and various
charter flights.  There was a very interesting article in the British
Airlines magazine "BA Engineering" (or something like that) in October;
talked about refurbishment that will add several years to the life of
the aircraft.

Tim.

tmjackson@ix.netcom.com