Re: B737 Hush Kits

From:         don@rata.vuw.ac.nz (Don Stokes)
Date:         15 Jun 95 01:14:02

EGGERS RUSSELL <95russelle@gsb.stanford.edu> wrote:
>Earlier this year Air New Zealand grounnded 10 of their 13 B737-200 aircraft
>that had Nordam Hush kits fitted.
>Does anyone know the outcome of the investigation

Last I heard (and this is strictly my possibly faulty memory of news reports),
the hushkits had been cleared as the responsible factor; rather the problem
was traced to the blades themselves.  I believe all 737-200s in the Air NZ
fleet eventually had their fan blades replaced, not just the huskitted ones.

--
Don Stokes, Network Manager, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
don@vuw.ac.nz(work) don@zl2tnm.gen.nz(home) +64 4 495-5052 Fax+64 4 471-5386