Re: Books to recommend??

From:         d_peters@uoft02.utoledo.edu
Date:         01 Jun 95 05:00:57

dave83@ix.netcom.com (David Kelly) wrote:
> ... I just finished reading the book "Airport" by James Kaplan
> and enjoyed it very much... Can anyone in this newsgroup recommend any
> similar books...

If you are interested in actual aircraft operations, try _Fly the Wing_
by Jim Webb (Iowa State University Press, ISBN 0-8138-0545-7).

It is an Excellent book.  Written from an operational viewpoint of a
DC-9 (without doubt the worlds BEST short haul airliner).  Starting
with a "new-hire" co-pilot outlook all the way to Cat II approaches.

I used it as an additional source of information for my oral, when
upgrading to captain in the DC-9.

Regards,
	-dave