Aircraft Order Update (May 26, 95)

From:         chuanga@iia2.org (H Andrew Chuang)
Date:         01 Jun 95 05:00:55

I have modified the format slightly and reveresed the order of listing.
My total number for Boeing is eight short of Boeing's official number.
However, I think that's inevitable, because there are always some
unannounced order.  I'll try to identify the discrepancies; also I would
like to thank all the people who have sent me e-mails to keep this list
updated.  Next update should be right after the Paris Air Show.  One final
comment: this year's order book is healthier than last year's.  At the
end of last year's Paris Air Show, Airbus and Boeing combined for a
total of approximately 100 planes.

       *** Large Commercial Aircraft Order Update (May 26, 95) ***

 |       |300/                   | /*   737    \                 |          |
 |       |310 319 320 321 330 340|345 600 700 800 744 757 767 777|80  90  11|
 |_______|_______________________|_______________________________|__________|
N|Shandong                       | 3                             |          |
N| DM    |                       | 6                             |          |
 | QF    |                       | 3                       2G    |          |
 | YP    |         2I  4I        |                               |          |
 | UA    |                       |                 2P  4P        |          |
 | LTU   |                       |                     1R  1P    |          |
 | GMI   |                       |        12                     |          |
 | JL    |                       | 4                             |          |
 | SK    |                       |    35                         |          |
 | ML    |         4I            |                               |          |
 | LH    |    20C                |                               |          |
N| LA    |                       |                         3P    |          |
 | IY    | 2U                    |                               |          |
 | BG    | 2P                    |                               |          |
 | NH    |            10U        |                         3G  3P|          |
 |Bavaria|                       |         2                     |          |
 | AI    |                       |                 2P            |          |
 | 3Q    |                       |                         3R    |          |
 |_______|_______________________|_______________________________|__________|
 | Total | 4  20   6  14   0   0 |16  35  14   0   4   5  12   3 | 0   0   0|
 |   95  |  A I R B U S ( 4 4 )  |      B O E I N G ( 8 9 )      | M D ( 0 )|

1. N in the first column indicates new (or missed) order since the last update.
2. The A300/310 is kept under one column so is the 737-300/400/500 (*345).
3. The engine selection (other than the A340, B737, MD80 and 90) is
   indicated by the letter behind each order number.  C,G,I,P, or R stands
   for CFMI, GEAE, IAE, P&W, or R-R, respectively; U for undecided/unknown.
4. If the MD95 is launched, the statistics will be kept under the MD90, and
   B will be used for BMW-R-R's BR715 engine.
5. airline code:   3Q - Yunnan (China),   AI - Air-India,   NH - All Nippon,
   LH - Lufthansa, BG - Biman Bangladesh, IY - Yemenia,     ML - Midway,
   SK - SAS,       JL - Japan AL,         AF - Air France,  GF - Gulf Air,
   GMI- Germania,  YP - Aero Llyod,       UA - United,      QF - Qantas,
   LA - Lan-Chile, DM - Maersk
6. Send an e-mail to me (chuanga@iia2.org) for any order that I have left out.
   Make sure the orders are announced firm orders with a verifiable source.

Known order cancellations:

Boeing: 3 B757s (3Q/CAAC); 3 B737s, 4 B747Fs, 3 B767s (AF); 4 B747s (NH);
        6 B777s (GF)
Airbus: 7 A340s (AF)

Note: 1. Air France's cancellation is not official.
      2. I did not include Virgin Atlantic's 6 B777s for which VS has made
         a deposit but has not offically ordered the aircraft.

--
  H Andrew Chuang   chuanga@iia2.org