Re: FLY-BY-WIRE (AIRBUS vs. BOEING)

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         01 Jun 95 05:00:53

>I can understand that Airbus with the brand new A320 was a pioneer,
>and as a pioneer Airbus had made some mistakes, and so is criticized.

I don't really mind mistakes (assuming, for the moment, that they
could not readily have been forseen as such) as much as what appears
to be a refusal to acknowledge mistakes, or at least some poor
choices, and therefore to learn from and perhaps correct them.  A
similar refusal to acknowledge problems is painfully apparent in the
story of the DC-10, and many people have been killed as a result.

--
Karl Swartz	|INet	kls@ohare.chicago.com
1-415/854-3409	|UUCP	uunet!decwrl!ditka!kls