Re: Airbus side stick

From:         cra@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (Curtis R. Anderson)
Date:         01 Jun 95 05:00:50

In article <airliners.1995.656@ohare.Chicago.COM>, cleyman@cix.compulink.co.uk ("Clive Leyman") writes:
~In message 2339, Peter says
~ > it is clearly safer to have two mechanically connected control columns
~than two electronically connected side sticks>
~Oh yeah! ever heard of mechanical jams?
~> when both pilots move the side stick what input do you give the plane.
~Answer why you average the signals of course!

I was under the inpression that on the A320/330/340, the last pilot to "take
control" of the stick (via a button somewhere) is the one whose commands were
honored.
--
Curtis R. Anderson, ASCIT, State Univ of NY at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14260-1408
"Opinions all mine!"; Co-creator of "Gleepy the Hen"; Beware five line sigs!