Re: FLY-BY-WIRE (AIRBUS vs. BOEING)

From:         bosc@perige.eis.enac.dgac.fr (Jean-Francois Bosc)
Date:         22 May 95 02:46:17

In article <airliners.1995.652@ohare.Chicago.COM>, kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) writes:

> >Since this post will probably be censored like the previous ones
>
> That's a pretty serious accusation.  Since you're asking others to
> provide statistics, might I ask you to do the same to substantiate
> your claim?

What claim ? I didn't make any claim. As I said in my first post,
"I personally am just requesting FACTS, ie STATISTICS".
And I also said : "This may be slightly epidermic.", but you removed
this part.

Now, my opinion is that systems are safer than pilots.
Some day planes will fly automatically and be much safer.
In the meantime, maybe this or this type of failure will occur
more often on this type than on that type. Who cares ?
What would be significant is an overall comparison of losses
between various aircraft types, not just the number of incidents
in which the pilot got confused. Then we can discuss.

Jean-Francois Bosc
bosc@eis.enac.dgac.fr