Re: FLY-BY-WIRE (AIRBUS vs. BOEING)

From:         bds4798@aw101.iasl.ca.boeing.com (R. Brian dosSantos)
Date:         22 May 95 02:46:17

kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) writes:

[<slurp>]

>Apparently there have
>also been two incidents with the 777 in which PIOs (pilot-induced
>oscillations) have occurred due to some peculiar interactions between
>pilot and aircraft controls.

If my memory serves me correctly, this [one] incident was the result
of an aircraft maintenance procedure that was not followed giving
a flight control surface too much free oscillation.

[<slurp>]

---
R. Brian dos Santos
                                        "Count no day lost in which you
BCAG, HSCT IR&D, MYOB                   waited your turn, took only your
ring: 206.236.6073                      share and sought advantage over
zing: bds4798@simba.ca.boeing.com       no one." --Robert Brault
-or-  102064.776@compuserve.com
(The Boeing Company's opinions are its own and not mine)