Re: Airbus sidestick

From:         rdd@netcom.com (Robert Dorsett)
Date:         17 May 95 17:25:53

In article <airliners.1995.635@ohare.Chicago.COM> robert_leong@earthlink.net (Robert Leong) writes:

>How much travel are there on the sidesticks?

                                         Roll
                   Pitch            In        Out
Max.  load        10 daN         3 daN        2 daN
Threshold        0.5 daN       0.4 daN        0.4 daN
Deflection      +-16 deg.       20 deg.       20 deg.
Orientation   20 deg fwd.    12 deg in        12 deg in.

>I heard that on early models of F16? there were no travel and the
>inputs were all presure sensitive, but they changed it to allow for
>some travel but it not to anything but only to make it more user
>friendly.

The A320 sidesticks are nothing like the F-16's sidesticks.  Different
mission requirements -> different design.

                                       ftp://wilbur.pr.erau.edu/pub/av