Re: FLY-BY-WIRE (AIRBUS vs. BOEING)

From:         bosc@perige.eis.enac.dgac.fr (Jean-Francois Bosc)
Date:         17 May 95 17:24:47
Followups:    1 2 3 4

In article <airliners.1995.627@ohare.Chicago.COM>, gman@bu.edu (George Mantis) writes:

> Airbus definitely gives their FBW systems more "authority" than Boeing does
> with theirs. The result: an awfully high number of Airbus crashes, due to
> pilots that are either unsure of the autopilot's reaction, or the pilots
> "fighting" the inputs of the autopilot. In short, I'd have to say they
> definitely have it wrong.

Always the same kind of assertion. Some STATISTICS, please !

JF

PS : Since this post will probably be censored like the previous ones,
I think I can comment about the amount of unsubstantiated allegations
against Airbus that ARE NOT censored on this group. I personally am just
requesting FACTS, ie STATISTICS. Any honesty around there ?

PPS : This may be slightly epidermic. Too bad I don't have the stats myself, maybe they would pass, after all.