Re: History question:

From:         dorfman@netcom.com (Merlin Dorfman)
Date:         17 May 95 01:06:31

Steve Lacker (slacker@arlut.utexas.edu) wrote:
: Speaking of the beautiful Connies, is there any truth to a rumor I
: heard some time ago that one of President Eisenhower's 'Columbine'
: Constellations was going to be restored?

     It's been a number of years, but I believe one of the "Columbines"
is in a nearly-fully-restored condition at the Air Force Museum at
Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton.  Not flyable but internally and externally
restored to almost its original appearance.  When I was there it was not
at the main museum but in a hangar across the runway.  The museum operated
buses back and forth to the exhibits across the runway.
                                        Merlin Dorfman
                                        DORFMAN@NETCOM.COM