Re: MD-90?

From:         tristar500@aol.com (TriStar500)
Date:         17 May 95 01:06:27

>I'm curious about the new MD-90.  I'd like to see (and hear) one at
>Seattle-Tacoma, if this is possible.  I understand it is extremely quiet.

The engines are very quiet, with both engines running the APU can be
clearly heard.

> What airlines are using it now?

At the moment Delta operates four of them, ships 9202, 9203, 9204, and
9205. As I understand it, what will be ship 9201 was T-1 and is having
test equipment removed and the P-dome repaired after a tail strike during
the test program.

The Douglas reps have told me that the only orders, besides Delta's, are
from JAS and SAS.

The intro is going fairly well with the biggest problem being electrical -
no surprise there.